Thanksgiving Turkey Veggie Tray Kids: This Thanksgiving turkey veggie tray is sure to delight your children and will get them excited about vegetables.
This easy, dairy-free and vegan appetizer can also be made using hummus and baba Ganoush.
SUPPLIES FOR THANKSGIVING: TURKEY VEGGIE TRAY
Here are some ideas for how to make your Thanksgiving turkey vegetable tray. Clicking one of these links will allow you to make a purchase on Amazon and we’ll get a small commission. It doesn’t cost anything extra. We appreciate your support of our family business.
THANKSGIVING TURKEY VEGGIE Tray – KID-FRIENDLY APPETIZER
It can be difficult for children to wait around on Thanksgiving day. Waiting for food to be cooked, guests arriving and then waiting for Grandpa (true story!). All this waiting can lead easily to crankiness. That’s where kid-friendly appetizers are.
Place a platter on a flat surface, place a small bowl in the middle, and then give your children giant bags of veggies.
You can print a photo to use as a guide and then leave the cooking and cleanup to your children.
HOW TO MAKE a THANKSGIVING TURKEY VEGIE TRAY
- Choose vegetables that can be laid flat. Your little ones will find it easier to put together the turkey veggie tray if you use veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, or cherry tomato.
- Make the Thanksgiving turkey veggie tray look amazing by using lots of colors: The tail is a mix of different colors. Use jicama sticks or carrot sticks, bell pepper slices, cucumber sticks or slices in a variety of colors, sugar peas, celery, and other creative options. You can use any vegetable you like, but make sure there are a variety.
- You can carve the turkey head, legs, and neck for your kids. If you have teenagers, it is best to do the head and legs yourself. They can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator. You don’t need to think about it Thanksgiving day.
- Use vegetables that can be laid flat: While it’s possible to use broccoli, cauliflower or cherry tomatoes in your turkey veggie tray, having veggies that can be laid flat will make it easier for your children.
- Be bold with color. The variety of colors used in the tail make Thanksgiving veggie tray presentation so memorable. Use as many colors as you like.
- Let your kids carve the turkey’s head, legs and head.